Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service
Our annual Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service which includes our Virtual Safety Advisor is where we (Your Safety Advisor Ltd) become ‘your’ retained Health and Safety Advisors – a legal requirement for all companies (inc. Sole Traders) to have in place and an essential service to help most companies comply with the requirements of SSIP Assessments such as CHAS; SMAS; SafeContractor; Altius; Constructionline etc. You’ll get the all important CV for your named Safety Advisor; a Membership Certificate to show you have a contract in place; access to our SafetyBox resource and ongoing support over the phone and/or by email as and when needed. Our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service is not only cost effective, but it works and supports ‘you’ and ‘your’ business. Call us today to see how we can help.
Please note that we specifically provide Health and Safety Assistance and Support for builders; contractors tradesmen and others working in the construction, building and associated sectors. This is what makes us different!
We are Chartered Construction Safety Specialists and we work for you as Your Safety Advisors, providing you with access to competent health and safety advice and support. With our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service, you can name us as your retained Safety Advisors or ‘Competent Persons’ who help and assist you to fulfill your statutory duties under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. As a member of our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service, you can also contact Your Safety Advisor Ltd at any time, with regards to any general health and safety advice and support on any health and safety issues that may be affecting your company or its employees. This is also often referred to as a ‘Competent Person Service’ by the likes of the HSE and third part accreditation schemes.
With our Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service, we effectively become an integral part of your team and can assist you with all aspects of health and safety, including the provision of general safety advice, guidance on training requirements and guidance on the preparation of health and safety documentation. We can also assist by preparing your Safety Policy’s or Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), or by providing assistance gaining third party accreditation’s such as CHAS, SafeContractor, SMAS, ConstructionLine, Altius or other SSIP accreditation’s/Client specific health and safety competence questionnaires.
Keep scrolling down for more detailed information about our Retained Health and Safety Advisor service and Competent Person Service.
Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service
Your Safety Advisor Ltd’s Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service also incorporates our Virtual Safety Advisor Service and is ideal if you need access to competent, construction based, Health and Safety Advice and support. This could be to demonstrate compliance with your legal duty to have access to ‘Competent’ Health and Safety Advice; to support an SSIP Application; for the completion of a PQQ; or just for general health and safety support as your business moves forward.
Using Your Safety Advisor Ltd means you can raise your health and safety standards and company standing to another level. We specialise in providing Health and Safety Advice for Builders, Contractors and others working in the building and construction sectors. Our Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service also fulfills the requirements of a Competent Person Service and is aimed specifically at providing Builders, Contractors, Tradesmen and others operating in the building and construction sectors with access to cost effective, professional Health and Safety Assistance and support.
If you don’t have the time or knowledge to complete the health and safety paperwork yourself, or you simply want to get your health and safety systems complaint quickly, then using Your Safety Advisor Ltd can be the best and most cost-effective way to achieve this.
Your Safety Advisor Ltd’s annual Health and Safety Retainer Service provides you with a Competent Retained Health and Safety Advisor for just £350.00 plus VAT. This fee also includes full access to both our Virtual Safety Advisor service and our Online Safety Box service!
Our Retained Competent Health and Safety Advisor/Virtual Safety Advisor Service has been specifically designed to help small and medium sized construction-based companies, including self-employed tradesmen and sub-contractors, to comply with their duties under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. Using Your Safety Advisor Ltd as your Retained Health and Safety Advisors means you have direct access to Competent Health and Safety Advice when you need it – this is often referred to as a Competent Person Service. You can also use our qualifications and CV to help demonstrate your commitment to health and safety to potential clients and third-party assessment schemes such as CHAS; SMAS; SafeContractor; Constructionline etc, all without the costs and overheads of employing an internal trained, experienced and competent safety professional.
Our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service provides you with the following key services:
- Access to a dedicated named Chartered Health and Safety Professional, (Chartered with IOSH). Plus, additional qualifications including Chartered Civil Engineer status; Chartered Environmentalist status; and Incorporated Member of the Association of Project Safety.
- A copy of your named Safety Advisors corporate CV which can be used when tendering for contracts, completing H&S Questionnaires, or completing PQQ’s/SSIP questionnaires such as CHAS, SafeContractor, ConstructionLine, SMAS etc.
- Competent Person Service
- Full access to our Virtual Safety Advisor Service, meaning we can have a virtual presence on site and/or in your meetings with you when you need it, all thanks to the wonders of modern technology. So, if you have an issue on site and need us, we can now be there with a virtual presence to see the situation for ourselves in real time.
- Membership certificate to confirm you have appointed Your Safety Advisor Ltd as your competent safety advisors under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Access to our unique online Safety Box resource. A unique online Health and Safety resource for the exclusive use of our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service clients. Safety Box contains:
- a wide range of useful reference documents from the HSE
- Your Safety Advisor Information Sheets
- Your Safety Advisor Standard Templates
- A selection of 90+ Toolbox Talks
- Printable Health and Safety Signs
The contents of Safety Box can be accessed and downloaded as and when needed using a Smart Phone; Laptop; Tablet Device etc. The contents of Safety Box are also constantly being expanded! The great thing about Safety Box is that its built using the robust and reliable Dropbox system, so it can be accessed anytime and from anywhere! You don’t even need a Dropbox account; it really is so simple. Click Here to find out more about Safety Box the FREE Health and Safety resource provided exclusively to our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service Clients.
- A review of your existing Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual (if you have one).
- Free updates to your Health and Safety Policy (if it was originally prepared and issued by Your Safety Advisor Ltd).
- Access via email or telephone for competent health and safety advice during office hours from your dedicated Chartered Health and Safety Professional.
- Updates/details of any relevant changes in Health and Safety legislation.
- Information on key health and safety news stories.
- Health and Safety information sheets.
- As a subscriber to our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service you can name us as your Retained Competent Health and Safety Advisors.
- Priority service on consultancy work.
- Member only discounts.
Do I need a Retained Health and Safety Advisor?
Yes, it’s a legal requirement under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, for every employer to have access to competent health and safety advice relevant their work activities. Whether this health and safety advice is provided through an appropriately qualified and experienced (Competent) internal employee or through an external Health and Safety Consultant (such as Your Safety Advisor Ltd) is up to you.
Often the decision is a simple commercial one……..
First, consider the costs of employing a full/part time Health and Safety Professional plus the associated ongoing training and pension costs etc, or even the ongoing costs to train up and retain an existing employee, plus this process can take many years to complete. Then consider this against the small annual cost (£350.00/year) that we charge for fulfilling the role of your retained safety advisor (or Virtual Safety Advisor). It soon becomes clear that using us as Your Safety Advisor Ltd makes a lot of business sense!
It costs less than £1.00 per day to retain us as your Health and Safety Advisors.
Typical situations where appointing Your Safety Advisor Ltd as your Virtual Safety Advisor, or Retained Health and Safety Advisor/competent person can be beneficial, includes:
- Assistance in gaining a safety accreditation (such as an SSIP Assessment scheme like: CHAS, SMAS, Exor, Altius, SafeContractor etc)
- Help completing a PQQ or other Safety Questionnaires
- Having access to Competent Health and Safety advice and demonstrating your compliance with Health and Safety Law
- Helping to reduce the day-to-day health and safety burden on other members of your team
- Gaining expert knowledge on health and safety requirements and safety management systems
- Helping to improve and update your existing health and safety arrangements and Health and Safety Policy Documents
- Helping to protect the health, safety and welfare of your employees and others affected by your works
- Preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and other safety documentation
If our Retained/Virtual Safety Advisor service is of interest to you, please contact us and we will gladly answer your query, or please request a callback and we will talk you through the services included as part of our Retained/Virtual Safety Advisor Services.
Call us on 0117 442 0185