Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service
Our annual Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service is where we (Your Safety Advisor Ltd) act as ‘your’ retained Health and Safety Advisors. We are Chartered Construction Safety Specialists and we work for you as Your Safety Advisors, providing you with access to competent health and safety advice and support. With our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service, you can name us as your retained Safety Advisors or ‘Competent Persons’ who help and assist you to fulfill your statutory duties under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. As a member of our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service, you can also contact Your Safety Advisor Ltd at any time, with regards to any general health and safety advice and support on any health and safety issues that may be affecting your company or its employees.
We effectively become an integral part of your team and can assist you with all aspects of health and safety, including the provision of general safety advice, guidance on training requirements, help with the preparation of health and safety documentation. We can also assist by preparing Safety Policy’s or Risk Assessments/Method Statements, or providing assistance with with gaining third party accreditation’s such as CHAS, SafeContractor, SMAS, EXOR, ConstructionLine, Altius or other SSIP/Client specific health and safety competence questionnaire, although these services will be subject to additional charges.
Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service
Your Safety Advisor Ltd’s Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service is ideal if you need a competent, construction based, Health and Safety Advisor. This could be for an SSIP Application, the completion of a PQQ or just for general health and safety support in your business.
Using Your Safety Advisor Ltd means you can raise your health and safety standards to another level. Or, if you just don’t have the time or knowledge to complete the health and safety paperwork yourself, or you simply want to get your health and safety systems complaint quickly, then using Your Safety Advisor Ltd is often the best and most cost effective way to achieve this.
The Your Safety Advisor Ltd’s annual retainer service provides you with a Competent Health and Safety Advisor service for just £35.00 per month (minimum 12 months duration) or a single annual payment of £350.00, all plus VAT.
Our Competent Health and Safety Advisor retainer service has been specifically designed to help small and medium sized construction based companies, including tradesmen and sub-contractors, to comply with their duties under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. Using Your Safety Advisor as your retained safety advisors means you have direct access to Competent Health and Safety Advice. You can then use our qualifications to help demonstrate your commitment to health and safety to your potential clients, without all the costs and overheads of employing an internal trained, experienced and competent safety professional.
Our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service provides you with the following key services:
- Access to a dedicated named Chartered Health and Safety Professional, (Chartered with IOSH). Plus additional qualifications including Chartered Civil Engineer status; Chartered Environmentalist status; and Member of the Association of Project Safety.
- A copy of your named Safety Advisors corporate CV which can be used when tendering for contracts, completing H&S Questionnaires or completing pre-qualification/SSIP questionnaires such as CHAS, SafeContractor, ConstructionLine, SMAS etc.
- Membership certificate to confirm you have appointed Your Safety Advisor Ltd as your competent safety advisors under regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- A review of your existing Health and Safety Policy and Procedures manual (if you have one).
- Access via email or telephone for competent health and safety advice during office hours from your dedicated Chartered Health and Safety Professional.
- Updates/details of any relevant changes in Health and Safety legislation.
- Information on key health and safety news stories.
- Health and safety information sheets.
- As a subscriber to our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service you can name us as your competent Health and Safety Advisors.
- Priority service on consultancy work.
- Member only discounts.
Why do I need a Retained Health and safety Advisor?
First and foremost, it’s actually a legal requirement under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, for every employer to have access to competent health and safety advice relevant their work activities. Whether this health and safety advice is provided through an appropriately qualified and experienced (Competent) internal employee or through an external Health and Safety Consultant (such as Your Safety Advisor Ltd) is up to you.
Often the decision is a simple commercial one. First, consider the costs of employing a full/part time Health and Safety Professional plus the associated ongoing training and pension costs etc, or even the ongoing costs to train up and retain an existing employee, although this process can can take many years to complete. Then consider this against the small monthly cost that we charge for fulfilling the role of your retained safety advisor. It soon becomes clear that using us as Your Safety Advisor Ltd makes a lot of business sense!
Typical situations where having a Retained Health and Safety Advisor/competent person can be beneficial include:
- Assistance in gaining a safety accreditation (such as an SSIP Assessment scheme like: CHAS, SMAS, Exor, Altius, SafeContractor etc)
- Help completing a PQQ or other Safety Questionnaire
- Having access to Competent Health and Safety advice and demonstrating your compliance with Health and Safety Law
- Helping to reduce the day to day health and safety burden on other members of your team
- Gaining expert knowledge on health and safety requirements and safety management systems
- Helping to improve and update your existing health and safety arrangements and Health and Safety Policy Documents
- Helping to protect the health, safety and welfare of your employees and others affected by your works
- Preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and other safety documentation
If this service is of interest to you, please contact us and we will gladly answer your query, or please request a ring back and we will call you to talk through the service offered by our Chartered Health and Safety Practitioners.
You may also like…
Health and Safety Policy & Procedures Manual
We will prepare a detailed and comprehensive construction based, Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual, specific to your company, be it a building, construction or trade related company. Your Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual will detail your company name, personnel and logos etc. and the content of the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual will be written to take account of the nature of the work that you do and the size of your company. The Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual will be fully up to date based on UK Health and Safety Legislation and the regulations that affect the UK construction industry.
Our Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual is one of the best and most up to date Safety Policy available, it has been developed extensively over the last 12 months to make sure that it provide you with the best possible option. So if you need a Health and Safety Policy for a tender, an SSIP (CHAS, SafeContractor, SMAS, Exor, Acclaim ConstructionLine etc) Assessment or just need to make sure that you business is properly covered, then this is the best and most cost effective Health and Safety Policy currently available in the UK.
Remember, its a legal requirement for every company with 5 or more employees to have a written health and safety policy, which has been regularly reviewed and updated.