Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service
Our annual Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service which includes our Virtual Safety Advisor is where we (Your Safety Advisor Ltd) become ‘your’ retained Health and Safety Advisors – a legal requirement for all companies (inc. Sole Traders) to have in place.
We are Chartered Construction Safety Specialists and we work for you as Your Safety Advisors, providing you with access to competent health and safety advice and support. With our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service, you can name us as your retained Safety Advisors or ‘Competent Persons’ who help and assist you to fulfill your statutory duties under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. As a member of our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service, you can also contact Your Safety Advisor Ltd at any time, with regards to any general health and safety advice and support on any health and safety issues that may be affecting your company or its employees.
We effectively become an integral part of your team and can assist you with all aspects of health and safety, including the provision of general safety advice, guidance on training requirements, help with the preparation of health and safety documentation. We can also assist by preparing Safety Policy’s or Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), or providing assistance with with gaining third party accreditation’s such as CHAS, SafeContractor, SMAS, EXOR, ConstructionLine, Altius or other SSIP/Client specific health and safety competence questionnaire.
Keep scrolling down for more detailed information about our Retained Health and Safety Advisor service.
Retained Health & Safety Advisor
(Inc. our Virtual Safety Advisor Service)
Your Safety Advisor Ltd’s Retained Health & Safety Advisor Service which incorporates our Virtual Safety Advisor service is ideal if you need access to competent, construction based, Health and Safety Advice and support. This could be to demonstrate compliance with your legal duty to have access to competent Health and Safety Advice; to support an SSIP Application; for the completion of a PQQ; or just for general health and safety support as your business moves forward.
Using Your Safety Advisor Ltd means you can raise your health and safety standards to another level. Or, if you just don’t have the time or knowledge to complete the health and safety paperwork yourself, or you simply want to get your health and safety systems complaint quickly, then using Your Safety Advisor Ltd is often the best and most cost effective way to achieve this.
The Your Safety Advisor Ltd’s annual retainer service provides you with a Competent Health and Safety Advisor service for just £350.00 plus VAT. This fee also includes full access to both our Virtual Safety Advisor service and our Online Safety Box service!
Our Competent Health and Safety Advisor retainer service/Virtual Safety Advisor service has been specifically designed to help small and medium sized construction based companies, including tradesmen and sub-contractors, to comply with their duties under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. Using Your Safety Advisor as your retained safety advisors means you have direct access to Competent Health and Safety Advice. You can then use our qualifications to help demonstrate your commitment to health and safety to your potential clients, without all the costs and overheads of employing an internal trained, experienced and competent safety professional.
Our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service provides you with the following key services:
- Access to a dedicated named Chartered Health and Safety Professional, (Chartered with IOSH). Plus additional qualifications including Chartered Civil Engineer status; Chartered Environmentalist status; and Member of the Association of Project Safety.
- A copy of your named Safety Advisors corporate CV which can be used when tendering for contracts, completing H&S Questionnaires or completing pre-qualification/SSIP questionnaires such as CHAS, SafeContractor, ConstructionLine, SMAS etc.
- Full access to our Virtual Safety Advisor Service, meaning we can have a virtual presence on site and/or in your meetings with you when you need it, all thanks to the wonders of modern technology. So if you have an issue on site and need us, we can now be there with a virtual presence to see the situation for ourselves what the situation, more quickly than jumping on the No. 32 bus!
- Membership certificate to confirm you have appointed Your Safety Advisor Ltd as your competent safety advisors under regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Access to our unique online Safety Box resource. A unique online Health and Safety resource for all of our retained Health and Safety Advisor Service clients. Safety Box contains a wide range of useful reference documents from the HSE, Your Safety Advisor Information Sheets, Your Safety Advisor Standard Templates and even a selection of 70+ Tool Box Talks, all of which can be accessed and downloaded as and when needed. The contents of Safety Box are also constantly being expanded! The great thing about Safety Box is that its built using the robust and reliable Dropbox system, so it can be accessed at anytime and from anywhere! You don’t even need a Dropbox account, it really is so simple. Click Here to find out more about Safety Box the totally FREE Health and Safety resource provided exclusively to our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service Clients.
- A review of your existing Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual (if you have one).
- Access via email or telephone for competent health and safety advice during office hours from your dedicated Chartered Health and Safety Professional.
- Updates/details of any relevant changes in Health and Safety legislation.
- Information on key health and safety news stories.
- Health and safety information sheets.
- As a subscriber to our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service you can name us as your competent Health and Safety Advisors.
- Priority service on consultancy work.
- Member only discounts.
Why do I need a Retained Health and Safety Advisor?
First and foremost, it’s actually a legal requirement under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, for every employer to have access to competent health and safety advice relevant their work activities. Whether this health and safety advice is provided through an appropriately qualified and experienced (Competent) internal employee or through an external Health and Safety Consultant (such as Your Safety Advisor Ltd) is up to you.
Often the decision is a simple commercial one. First, consider the costs of employing a full/part time Health and Safety Professional plus the associated ongoing training and pension costs etc, or even the ongoing costs to train up and retain an existing employee, although this process can can take many years to complete. Then consider this against the small monthly cost that we charge for fulfilling the role of your retained safety advisor (or Virtual Safety Advisor). It soon becomes clear that using us as Your Safety Advisor Ltd makes a lot of business sense!
Typical situations where appointing us as your Virtual Safety Advisor, or Retained Health and Safety Advisor/competent person can be beneficial, includes:
- Assistance in gaining a safety accreditation (such as an SSIP Assessment scheme like: CHAS, SMAS, Exor, Altius, SafeContractor etc)
- Help completing a PQQ or other Safety Questionnaire
- Having access to Competent Health and Safety advice and demonstrating your compliance with Health and Safety Law
- Helping to reduce the day to day health and safety burden on other members of your team
- Gaining expert knowledge on health and safety requirements and safety management systems
- Helping to improve and update your existing health and safety arrangements and Health and Safety Policy Documents
- Helping to protect the health, safety and welfare of your employees and others affected by your works
- Preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and other safety documentation
If our Retained/Virtual Safety Advisor service is of interest to you, please contact us and we will gladly answer your query, or please request a callback and we will talk you through the services included as part of our Retained/Virtual Safety Advisor Services.
You may also like…
SMAS Worksafe SSIP Accreditation (0-4 employees)£425.00
The SMAS Worksafe Contractor Accreditation is a fully accredited SSIP Assessment scheme and is a popular scheme particularly throughout the UK House Building Industry. Many of the leading housing developers insist upon registration with SMAS as part of their own criteria for awarding contracts to builders, contractors and other suppliers. Fortunately, Your Safety Advisor Ltd is well versed in assisting contractors to gain SMAS WorkSafe SSIP Accreditation and we can work with you to ensure that you have all of the required Health and Safety Documentation; Safety Training and support in place to achieve SMAS WorkSafe Accreditation.
Further details can be found below, although please note that this listing is for companies with less than 5 employees, if you have 5 or more employees, including labour only subcontractors, then please click here.
Health and Safety Policy & Procedures Manual£145.00
Your Safety Advisor Ltd can prepare a detailed and comprehensive construction based, Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual, specific to your company, be it a building, construction or trade related company. Your Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual will detail your company name, personnel and logos etc. and the content of the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual will be written to take account of the nature of the work that you do and the size of your company. The Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual will be fully up to date based on UK Health and Safety Legislation and the regulations that affect the UK construction and building industries.
Our Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual is one of the best and most up to date Safety Policy’s available, it has been developed and updated extensively over the last 12 months to make sure that it provides you with the best possible option. So if you need a Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual for a tender, an SSIP (CHAS, SafeContractor, SMAS, Exor, Acclaim ConstructionLine etc) Assessment or just need to make sure that you business is compliant with Health and safety Requirements, then this is the best and most cost effective Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual currently available in the UK.
Remember, its a legal requirement for every company with 5 or more employees to have a written health and safety policy, but even if you’re a sole trader or have less than 5 employees, you still need to have a Health and Safety Policy. Furthermore your Health and Safety Policy needs to be regularly reviewed and updated, so if yours is more than 12 months old, its time to review and potentially update it!
Get in touch with us today and we can provide you with the necessary advice and support to ensure you are properly covered.
Safety Box from Your Safety Advisor Ltd is a unique online health and safety resource that has been set up specifically for the benefit of all of our retained Health and Safety Advisor Service clients. Safety Box contains a wide range of useful reference documents from the HSE and other industry leading bodies, as well as useful information sheets, standard templates and even a selection of over 70 No. Tool Box Talks.
All of the documents with Safety Box can be accessed and downloaded as and when needed and the great part is, you can do this from wherever you are, using your Laptop; Tablet or even Mobile Phone. The contents of Safety Box will grow and be added to over time as we develop additional templates and add extra information and publications.
Safety Box is only available from Your Safety Advisor Ltd, it is a unique online resource which we have developed specifically for our clients. To gain access to this unique and growing online Health and Safety resource you need to sign up to our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service.
Don’t miss out, sign up today and have the dual benefits of Your Safety Advisor Ltd as your Competent Health and Safety Advisor and access to one of the most useful collections of health and safety templates and documents available for those working in the Construction and Building sectors.
Scroll down the page to find out more, or to gain access to Safety Box use the following link to sign up to our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service: