Whilst this page talks specifically about the CHAS Accreditation Scheme, the content applies equally to all of the major SSIP Member Accreditation schemes Including:
- SMAS Worksafe
However, CHAS or the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme is probably the most well recognised of the SSIP Health and Safety Pre-Qualification Schemes, that are used by Clients and contractors to assess the Health and safety arrangements of the contractors and suppliers that they employ.
For many companies undertaking the annual CHAS Assessment can to put it lightly, be a complete nightmare! It takes time to complete and you need to understand what information is being asked for and then ensuring that the information being provided is up to date; relevant and sufficiently detailed enough.
But without CHAS (or another SSIP) Accreditation companies may find that they are excluded from tender lists or preferred contractor lists and so the work opportunities may be fewer. Gaining or renewing your CHAS Accreditation may therefore be an important business benefit that you cannot afford to be without.
This is where the team at Your Safety Advisor Ltd can help, we can work with you the ensure that all of your Health and Safety Documentation; Arrangements; Procedures and even Training provision is in line with and meets the CHAS/SSIP Standards. If you use our service, we take care of the entire process for you. We remove the stress and uncertainty which comes with making such applications, allowing you to concentrate on running your company.
So what do CHAS look for when assessing your application?
Your CHAS assessor will consider all areas of your health and safety arrangements and these are some of the key areas that will be assessed:
- Health and Safety Policy Manual, including:
- Safety Policy Statement
- Organisation of Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Arrangements
- Examples of:
- Health and safety training Records, such as:
- Insurance details, including:
- Employers Liability Insurance (where applicable)
- Public Liability Insurance
- PUWER / Equipment Maintenance records
- PAT Testing Records
- Health Surveillance Records
- Safety Audit Records
- Evidence of Access to Competent Health and Safety Advice
All CHAS SSIP Safety Accreditations are assessed in accordance with the CHAS Assessment Standards which can be found by clicking here, although this document may be daunting on first sight, to the professionals at Your Safety Advisor Ltd, its just a list of requirements that we will make sure you have in place before your CHAS Application is submitted for assessment purposes.
Furthermore, for every CHAS Application that we take on, you will have access to our expertise as your appointed Health and Safety Advisors for a 12 month period. This includes our Virtual Safety Advisor service and Access to our unique online, Safety Box resource, details of which can be found by clicking on the following links:
Our fixed price CHAS Accreditation service also typically includes:
- Full unlimited support throughout the assessment process until your application has been approved
- Provision of our Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service for 12 months
- A brand new comprehensive Health and Safety Policy and Procedures Manual for your company (where applicable)
- Completion of the online CHAS Health & Safety Questionnaire
- Completion of the online CHAS Environmental Questionnaire
- Uploading of your supporting information and evidence to the CHAS Portal
- We will help you to create all the documents and supporting evidence required, which will typically include:
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements
- CoSHH Assessments
- Sub-Contractor Competence Assessments
- Toolbox Talk
- Health and Safety Training etc.
So if you want to know more, call us today on: 0117 442 0185
or email us using: info@YourSafetyAdvisor.com