Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 – CDM Regulations
Your Safety Advisor Ltd specialises in the provision of Construction Health and Safety Services, including CDM Services for Contractors and Principal Contractors working under the requirements of the CDM Regulations.
WHAT ARE THE CDM REGULATIONS?
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 or CDM are the main regulations that define the Health, Safety and Welfare requirements for construction sites within the UK. The CDM Regulations also define the roles and responsibilities of duty holders including Clients; Designers and Contractors.
The principle aim of the CDM Regulations are to help improve health, safety and welfare within the construction industry and the regulations deal with the full cycle of the project from the initial design through detailed design and then the construction phase. The CDM Regulations also govern the subsequent maintenance, refurbishment and demolition of structures.
The above CITB video helps to explain the main requirements under the CDM Regulations.
CDM ADVISOR & SAFETY CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CONTRACTORS
Your Safety Advisor Ltd works with a wide range of builders, contractors and self-employed tradesmen, we work either as your Retained Health and Safety Advisors, or can take on an enhanced role as your CDM Advisor or CDM Consultant.
As CDM Advisors we are able to become an integral part of your team assisting and helping Contractors and Principal Contractors to discharge their statutory duties under the CDM Regulations.
Our Principal CDM Advisor is an experienced Construction Safety Advisor, having worked with many builders, contractors and tradesmen across the UK.
Our expertise and experience therefore enables us to provide support and assistance to Client’s and/or Designers/Principal Designers as defined under the CDM Regulations 2015.
We can support Contractors and Principal Contractors working under the CDM Regulations in a wide variety of ways, so please get in touch and we can put together a package to suit your needs and requirements. We can help to plan, manage and monitor the construction phase of your projects. The services offered include:
- Retained Health and Safety Advisor Service / Virtual Safety Advisor
- Completion of CHAS, SMAS, SafeContractor or other SSIP Assessments
- Submit the F10 notification to the HSE
- Prepare Construction Phase Plans (CPP)
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Prepare COSHH; Noise; Manual Handling and Work at Height Assessments
- Manage Permit to Work Systems
- Collate information for the Health and Safety File
- Carry out Contractor Assessments
- Undertake Site Safety Inspections and Safety Audits
- Provide Training and Tool Box Talks
- Work with and Assist Sub-contractors with their Health and Safety Systems
- Support the Contracts Manager/Site Manager with all aspects of Health and Safety